Re: [oletrucks] Column....

To: Advdesign1@aol.com, oletrucks@autox.team.net
Subject: Re: [oletrucks] Column....
From: VIKINGHILL@aol.com
Date: Mon, 19 Apr 1999 08:31:30 EDT
Bob ADler and Everyone,
In responce to:
<Casey,
My 1948 SPECIFICATIONS page 98 dated 2-1-48 shows column shift only for 3
speed trans., and the 47 shows floor shift only.  You can clear this up by
checking casting dates on trans and bell housing.  I would be very surprised
if some retrofitting wasn't done in the past.  (I'm not saying it's
impossible, just I think unlikely to be factory)
Bob ADler>
Please help me to explain the factory cut out in the dash?(It has a
beautifully crafted ?lip? that fits around the shifter), I can assure you
that It has the original dash in it.
Also explain the fact that there are 3 of us out here with the same situation?
All of us have LATE EP designations on our VINs.  Also I would like your take
on the MID-OCTOBER revision of the 1947 specifications?  And also the fact
that it wasn't untill FEBUARY 1948 that the 1948 specifications were 1st
presented?

Any one have any info?
Or could verify that they have a LATE '47 with a column shifter (i.e.
Grandpa's old original truck??)
Thanks in AD vance,
(not meaning to rave...)
Casey