Re: [oletrucks] Question about 283 vs. 350

To: Oletrucks@autox.team.net
Subject: Re: [oletrucks] Question about 283 vs. 350
From: Snwbord24@aol.com
Date: Mon, 19 Apr 1999 21:59:22 EDT
Randy,
I am currently running a 350 w/ HEI out of a '79 Camaro.  This engine and the
radiator it had in it came with the truck.  I'm pretty sure the radiator was
not stock but I had cooling problems with it anyway because it was only a 2
core copper/brass radiator.  I had a new four core copper/brass radiator
custom fab'd to fit in the stock brackets and I no longer have any cooling
problems.  i.e. I don't think your stock radiator will cool a 350 or even
possibly the 283 if your truck came with a 6 cylinder originally but I'm not
sure about that.  I had a '56 stepside with a 265 V-8 and the stock radiator
cooled it just fine. Lots of luck.

Shane Lesteberg
'57 Chevy stepside 4x4