Re: [oletrucks] 216/235 Points to HEI conversion

To: oletrucks@autox.team.net
Subject: Re: [oletrucks] 216/235 Points to HEI conversion
From: Terry White <twhite@bcbsal.org>
Date: Thu, 22 Apr 1999 11:35:57 -0500
Mac,

 I sent an HEI out of a 250 to Buffalo Enterprises and for about $55
he did a fine job converting it for me. By the time I would have paid
Hourly minimums to a machine shop for adding the length to the shaft I
would have paid more than I did to Buffalo  Worked great even if I
only did get to run it for about an hour before I found out I had no
compression in cylinders 3 & 4, now I 'm looking at a total rebuild.
If you decide to do this, be sure to write down the specific year the
HEI came out of. This will help you when it comes time for new caps
and rotors..

Terry White
56 3100
Harpersville AL.

>>> "Mac Kinghorn" <kinghorn@granite.mb.ca> 04/21 11:09 PM >>>
Has anyone out there had any experience with converting a current
inline 6
HEI distributor for use in the 216/235 series 6 cylinder engines.  I
see
that Stovebolt offers a HEI - 6 distributor for about $125.00 US but
would
like to try and convert one myself and am looking for any thoughts or
tips
that may assist me if anyone else has had the experience.

Thanks for the help eh!

Mac

oletrucks is devoted to Chevy and GM trucks built between 1941 and
1959