[oletrucks] steering box and column swap

To: oletrucks@autox.team.net
Subject: [oletrucks] steering box and column swap
From: BMORRI1@aol.com
Date: Sat, 24 Apr 1999 07:06:54 EDT
Does anyone have any experience removing the steering column and box from a
'58 1/2-ton?  I guess I need to remove the pitman arm from the box and remove
the wheel from the column,but do I need to remove much more?  Can I just
unbolt the box from the frame and slide the whole thing out of the truck or
do I need to remove some of the front sheetmetal as well?

Thanks,
Brian Morrison
'58 Chevy NAPCO 1/2 ton