Re: [oletrucks] 1958 Apache 36 Wheels

To: Ole Trucks <oletrucks@autox.team.net>
Subject: Re: [oletrucks] 1958 Apache 36 Wheels
From: WR Teto <monadnoc@wgserv.crystal-mtn.com>
Date: Mon, 26 Apr 1999 08:48:42 -0400
A heavy ring
> propelled
> by 40-60 or worse 80lbs of pressure is a dandy missle.

A bit off topic, but I agree.  We do pneumatic pressure tests at work,
and one of our customers years ago had tested pipes built for the off
shore oil drilling business.  They pressure tested a 2" thick pipe to
destruction, and when the end cap blew off at over 30,000 (!!!) psi, it
went through a concrete wall, dirt berm, and eventually through an
employee's car.  Air is compressible, water is not, hence the saftey of
hydrostatic testing.  Bottom line is, don't play around with air
pressure.  Even low pressures combined with high volumes can kill.

Wally / Templeton, MA
53 3100