[oletrucks] Fuel Pump Rebuild Kits and Frustration

To: <oletrucks@autox.team.net>
Subject: [oletrucks] Fuel Pump Rebuild Kits and Frustration
From: "Allen L. Jones" <ALJ@hartcrowser.com>
Date: Tue, 27 Apr 1999 09:50:22 -0700
Does anyone know of a source for fuel pump rebuild kits?  I have a dual action
fuel pump for a Chevy inline ('52 to '57) I'd like to rebuild myself (being the
do-it-yourself type) and nobody, I mean nobody, will sell a rebuild kit for it.
 It's a very easy rebuild.  Several vendors are happy to exchange it for a
rebuilt one, but will not sell the rebuild kit....and are very frank about not
offering a kit.  I'm getting the sense that someone has a little monopoly going
on out there...maybe not.  It's like offering a rebuilt motor, but not offering
the parts so you rebuilt it yourself.  Any suggestions?  Thanks.