Re: [oletrucks] Fuel Pump Rebuild Kits and Frustration

To: <oletrucks@autox.team.net>
Subject: Re: [oletrucks] Fuel Pump Rebuild Kits and Frustration
From: "Allen L. Jones" <ALJ@hartcrowser.com>
Date: Tue, 27 Apr 1999 14:31:45 -0700
Tried Jim Carter, Napa, Obsolete, Vintage, Chevy Duty, Filling Station, and 20
others.  They all offer rebuilt ones from a "secret" source and require a core.
 It's weird - it's the first brick wall I've come across in this 'ol truck
stuff.

>>> "Doug Pewterbaugh" <dpewter@email.msn.com> 04/27 10:23 AM >>>
When you say "nobody", have you tried Jim Carter's & NAPA?  They seem to be
my first likely choices.  And, even though I haven't used them in a long
time, Obsolete Chevrolet in Nashville, GA might be able to help; they sold
me a single 216 cast iron piston (to requested weight, no less) when I
needed it (I bought a set from an old man locally, & found later that one
piston was a 235 standard vs. a 216 oversize like the rest).

Regards,
Doug Pewterbaugh
dpewter@msn.com
Denton, TX