Re: [Fwd: Re: [oletrucks] What is it?]

To: "Brinkman" <brinkman@warwick.net>, <oletrucks@autox.team.net>
Subject: Re: [Fwd: Re: [oletrucks] What is it?]
From: "tcape" <tcape@weblnk.net>
Date: Wed, 28 Apr 1999 21:04:26 -0400
A few months ago, I asked the same question about identifying a Duluxe Cab.
As usual, Mr. Adler had the right information.  Here goes.......

<<
How can I tell if my '47 2nd Series is a Deluxe cab?  I know I've seen a
list somewhere that describes the additional features of this type cab, but
I can't seem to find it.  Didn't the Deluxe cab have a pinstripe around the
entire cab?  Were grills on the early Advance Design trucks painted or
chrome?  Was chrome optional on the Deluxe cab?  If painted, was the
pinstripe on the grill bars standard or only with the Deluxe cab?  Is this
information in any of the Chevy publications?

Bob ADler's response.......

During Advance Design years deluxe equipment changed from year to year.
According to 1947 Truck Data Book forChevrolet Salesmen, option #390, De
Luxe
Cab and Equipment, consists of:
Rear corner windows
bright metal windshield and door window reveals
Door window garnish mouldings
seat back trim panel
arm rest on driver's side door
right side sun shade
Chromium plated radiator grille included for series 3000 trucks.
All the truck cabs thru at least 52 had a pinstripe.  Does anyone have a
definitive answer about  factory pinstripe for 53 cabs?
Chrome grill was available separately as option 388.
Painted grilles got the pinstripe in 47 only.  Backsplash was body color for
47 only.
Most of this info is in the  free resto package from GM 800 222 1020
bob Adler