Re: [oletrucks] AD Body

To: oletrucks@autox.team.net
Subject: Re: [oletrucks] AD Body
From: MarkNoakes@aol.com
Date: Thu, 29 Apr 1999 18:28:56 EDT
This is a good opportunity to ask if anyone on the list (Bob Adler?) knows
about the proposed laws in Maryland that would essentially outlaw any kind of
modification like the one described below and even down to running
non-original size tires on vehicles.

There was an expose on this in a 4X4 mag I happened to look at in the
supermarket.

How serious is it and what can be done about it?

Mark "can't run anything stock" Noakes
58/56 Suburban
Knoxville, TN

<<I seem to remember reading somewhere that it is possible to take a late
70's Blazer or 4X4 chassis, and set an AD body on top without cutting or
making any major modifications. Has anyone had any experience with this?
I have a spare truck that was used for parts (50 GMC 100) and my son is
trying to convince me to make it into a 4X4 daily driver for him.
Sounds like it may be a good idea if it really works.
Any ideas?
Brad>>