[oletrucks] Hi Cube story

To: oletrucks@autox.team.net
Subject: [oletrucks] Hi Cube story
From: carcooley@webtv.net (Carl Cooley)
Date: Wed, 5 May 1999 22:21:42 -0400 (EDT)
Here is my story:  As I remember it.  My brother in Spokan Washington
found me this wonderful truck for only $350 and it came with a parts
truck too.  The good(thats a laugh) truck was a 51 and the parts truck
was a 48.  Not bad but I live in Ohio.  Took Amtrax out to Washington-
probably passed 300 trucks on the train that were in better shape than
mine.(Didn't know it at the time)  Never trust your brother!(Or at least
mine)   Got there and rented a U-haul Cube and a car trailer.  We pushed
one truck onto the trailer then lowered the front of the trailer as low
as it would go.  We pulled the truck up behind the trailer, and let the
air out of the airshocks to lower the back end.  We then put the ramps
from the trailer up into the truck and pushed the 51 right into the
U-haul.  Only part that took some muscle was the wheel wells in the
U-haul are raised about 6" from the floor, had to get the front wheels
over them.  Then hooked up the trailer loaded the other truck onto the
tailer and headed off to Ohio.  Loooooooong trip with a truck with a
govener.
     Boy did people talk to me at ever gas stop.  Best line was some old
timer out in the middle of nowhere,  listened to my story,  Then asked
"Don't the have junkyards in Ohio."
    Reversed the process at home.  Never did get either truck running,
sold them both and bought a 51 from Okla that somebody else dragged al
the way to Ohio.
   Any way thats my story and I'm stickin to it.
Carl
51 GMC