Re: [oletrucks] 1951 questions

To: tcape@weblnk.net, N8rux@aol.com, oletrucks@autox.team.net
Subject: Re: [oletrucks] 1951 questions
From: Advdesign1@aol.com
Date: Tue, 6 Jul 1999 06:20:34 EDT
In a message dated 07/05/99 10:14:14 PM Eastern Daylight Time,
tcape@weblnk.net writes:

<<
 2.  Valves.....I set the exhaust on 12 and the intake on 8

I would go a bit wider on exhaust.  For heavy duty operation the specs are
usually 10 and 20 thousandths, intake and exhaust.  If you don't have
hardened ex valves or seats there may be some erosion from unleadded
gasoline, so more clearance will counter that erosion.  try .016" on ex. and
pay attention if you have to increase clearance each time you adjust valves.
You are approching time for a valve job.
Bob ADler