[oletrucks] Got my engineering cap on ( 67-72 Suspension )

To: oletrucks@autox.team.net
Subject: [oletrucks] Got my engineering cap on ( 67-72 Suspension )
From: Terry White <twhite@bcbsal.org>
Date: Thu, 15 Jul 1999 08:17:42 -0500
Bill,
I have a 68 that I have to pull out of retirement sometimes,
I have often wondered what it would take to put my 56 body on the 68
frame just to get the better suspension.  But then I would not have an
inline in it as the 68 has a small block 400.

I've never measured, but looks like there might be a width difference
to overcome.

If you decide to put it under your 57, keep us posted on the results.

>Bill Bailey wrote:
>
>> I've got this (crazy?) idea about a rear suspension for my truck.
>> Take a look below
>>
>> http://members.tripod.com/~oltruck/misc/susp000.jpg
>>
>> http://members.tripod.com/~oltruck/misc/susp001.jpg
>>
>> http://members.tripod.com/~oltruck/misc/susp002.jpg
>>
>> I am thinking of putting the trailing arms from this wrecked 69
frame onto
>> my 57 frame.
>>
>> Has anyone ever tried this?
>>
>> BTW..I do have the panhard bar and the pieces that weld on the axle
tube.

Terry White
56 3100 (with a 292 and 700r4 hopefully soon)
Inliner #2870
Harpersville Al.