Re: [oletrucks] Got my engineering cap on ( 67-72 Suspension )

To: Terry White <twhite@bcbsal.org>
Subject: Re: [oletrucks] Got my engineering cap on ( 67-72 Suspension )
From: Bill Bailey <billb@gamewood.net>
Date: Thu, 15 Jul 1999 17:32:39 -0400
Terry
Yep there is a width difference where the spring perches are located. That
is what Im looking at right now and whether I do it or not will hinge on
what kind of solution I can come up with to that problem.
If I go through with it I'll do a whole series of detailed pictures.

Bill

At 08:17 AM 7/15/99 -0500, you wrote:
>Bill,
>I have a 68 that I have to pull out of retirement sometimes,
>I have often wondered what it would take to put my 56 body on the 68
>frame just to get the better suspension.  But then I would not have an
>inline in it as the 68 has a small block 400.
>
>I've never measured, but looks like there might be a width difference
>to overcome.
>
>If you decide to put it under your 57, keep us posted on the results.
>

>>Bill Bailey wrote:
>>
>>> I've got this (crazy?) idea about a rear suspension for my truck.
>>> Take a look below
>>>
>>> http://members.tripod.com/~oltruck/misc/susp000.jpg
>>>
>>> http://members.tripod.com/~oltruck/misc/susp001.jpg
>>>
>>> http://members.tripod.com/~oltruck/misc/susp002.jpg
>>>
>>> I am thinking of putting the trailing arms from this wrecked 69
>frame onto
>>> my 57 frame.
>>>
>>> Has anyone ever tried this?
>>>
>>> BTW..I do have the panhard bar and the pieces that weld on the axle
>tube.
>

>Terry White
>56 3100 (with a 292 and 700r4 hopefully soon)
>Inliner #2870
>Harpersville Al.

Bill Bailey
http://members.tripod.com/~oltruck