[oletrucks] Generator noise

To: <oletrucks@autox.team.net>
Subject: [oletrucks] Generator noise
From: "Charles Culver" <sculver@iwl.net>
Date: Sun, 1 Aug 1999 10:11:47 -0700
First, thank you to all the guys who responded to my question about the rear
end swap.  I got some great tips, and printed out every response.  Now I
have a question regarding the generator.  It just started making this
squeaking sound when the motor is running, and I narrowed it down to the
generator.  When I disconnect the belt and turn it by hand, it sounds like
metal rubbing metal, kind of like a squeaky hinge.  Is this something to be
concerned about, and is there any way to lubricate this?

Thanks-

Smokey'50 3600 5-window