Re: [oletrucks] resto pack troubles

To: oletrucks@autox.team.net
Subject: Re: [oletrucks] resto pack troubles
From: Bob Fischer <bfischer@utm.net>
Date: Fri, 06 Aug 1999 16:22:04 -0700
I called the customer service line at 1-800-222-1022 about a month ago
and ordered the "restoration packet" for our 53 5700 and also our 49 3100.
The one for the 53 arrived about a week later. I waited 2 weeks, didn't get
the one for the 49 so I called back. I was given two case numbers at the
time of the original call, so I gave the lady the # and she said it indicated
the vin # was invalid. I gave it to her and the packet arrived about 10 days
later. I didn't get tranferred anywhere from the initial person that answered
the phone. Give it another try and you'll probably have better luck. They are
free and the postage on each of the packets I received was over $3.00 so
it's a pretty good deal.

>just tried to order the restoration pack from chevy. i was transffered to the
>restration dept and they claim all they have is a catolog for 12 bucks for
>discontinued part numbers for 20s through 80s. whats going on?

"Nothin lasts forever except old Fords and a natural stone" - Willie Nelson

http://home.utm.net/bfischer          e-mail - bfischer@utm.net

robert.fischer@cdc.com

rfischer@worldnet.att.net