[oletrucks] A Couple Questions

To: "'Chevy Trucks'" <oletrucks@autox.team.net>
Subject: [oletrucks] A Couple Questions
From: Paul Blosser <paulblosser@earthlink.net>
Date: Tue, 17 Aug 1999 23:17:52 -0500
I have a couple questions that I think you all can help with.  I've got
the bed off my truck ('54 3100) and have been looking at the rear-end.
I have another rear-end off a '63 1/2 ton and it looks like it should be
a volt in operation.  It even looks like the spring pads are inthe right
place -- I need to do some measuring to make sure.

I found this rear-end at a local salvage yard as I wanted to retain the
6-bolt rims front and rear.  Has anyone every tried this swap?  I got a
video from No Limit which gives a pretty good step-by-step on the
install, but I've heard alot of differing opinions on pinnion angle.  I
thought about measuring the stock pinion angle, but I don';t know how
much sense that makes because I'm using a 350/350 combo.

I also wanted to know if anyone has seen a trick grill for a 1954 or
even if a '53 grill will work on a '54.  My grill is not in the best of
shape.  I've thought about trying to straighten it out, but I'd really
like to have something slick looking.  I'm considering shaving the door
handles, frenching the headlights and frenching in '48 Chevy tailinghts
as I begin working on the body, so a nice grill would look great.
Anybody have any ideas?

TIA,

Paul Blosser
1954 3100