[oletrucks] engine troubles

To: "oletrucks@autox.team.net" <oletrucks@autox.team.net>
Subject: [oletrucks] engine troubles
From: George Long <longgw@nni.com>
Date: Tue, 17 Aug 1999 19:26:48 -0400
My dad is having troubles with the 235 in his 49 3100, we went
to put it in our newly finished garage and it started up fine as it
always does, When i put it in gear it proceeded to die, I started
it up again with a little trouble and it backfired(quietly) and died
it did this a few times. Pretty soon it wasn't even firing so we
roled it down the hill on our property because the battery was
dying this also did not work.  We tried jump starting it with 12
volts it kicked once but that was it, this motor had low
compression when we bought the truck so we knew it wasn't
long for this world. When we pulled the dipstick it had an extra
half quart that it didn't have before and it smells of gasoline.
Heres the question is it dead or do you think that something
else is up? Dropping in another engine is no prob I have a spare
and it gives an excuse for those hop up parts. I would just like
a little input, TIA.

Nate Long
54 3600