[oletrucks] While we're on the subject of fuel pumps

To: <oletrucks@autox.team.net>
Subject: [oletrucks] While we're on the subject of fuel pumps
From: Thomas Allen <thomasa@halcyon.com>
Date: Tue, 17 Aug 1999 23:41:44 -0700
Just completed the maintenance tasks after my 5000 mi Alaska trip during
which the wipers, oddly enough, would work well only after running with
them on for a couple of hours (regular occurance in Alaska in summer). Oil
consumption would mysteryously go from none for a thousand miles to a quart
in a day.

I had taken a NAPA-supplied pump with me as a spare but finally installed
it today after changing the oil, filter, adjusting valves, etc., to see if
that would improve the wiper performance.

When I took the pump off, oil ran out of the vacuum line. With the new pump
installed the wipers run fine on a dry windsheld, even with the vacuum line
removed from the manifold -- just like the book says they should.

'Nuff said.

Tom Allen
51 3800
Tom Allen