[oletrucks] Engine questions

To: Ole Trucks <oletrucks@autox.team.net>
Subject: [oletrucks] Engine questions
From: "Antonio R. Tijerino" <antonio@innercite.com>
Date: Tue, 17 Aug 1999 22:26:15 -0700
I have a question for the engine rebuilding experts. I am getting a '56
235 cid engine that has been recently bored 0.30 and the crank has been
ground 0.10/0.10. New cam bearings installed. I have read the 6 part
engine rebuilding article posted on the oletrucks list and does not
mention anything about the main crank bearings "shims". I took the block
to the machine shop and the machine shop guy told me that installing the
"shims" was a job on itself and that it make the price of putting the
engine together more expensive. Can anyone tell me more about these
shims, how to install them and what is the story? is this guy trying to
pull my leg? can I install the shims myself?

Thanks,

Antonio,
'53 3100