[oletrucks] engine froze

To: oletrucks@autox.team.net
Subject: [oletrucks] engine froze
From: "james salley" <jamessalley@hotmail.com>
Date: Sun, 22 Aug 1999 22:30:35 CDT
I went to crank my truck today it did not want to start. I finally got it to
fire but it ran real ruff. I gave it some gas and it sputtered and backfired
through the carb, made a strange sound and died. When I tried to restart it
wouldn't turn over. No sound at all.  The motor, a 1956 335, is froze up
completely. Anybody with any ideas what could of happened? I have been
thinking about putting in a 350 v8, if this motor is going to need a lot of
work now might be a good time.  My truck is a 1954 3100. The body is in good
shape but the frame and running gear needs a lot of work. The springs are
shot and brakes need to be completely reworked. I have herd of people
getting a newer model truck frame with motor and transmission and putting
the older body on it. What is involved in this and what model and year frame
would work best. I want this truck to be something that I can drive every
day. Any ideas or thoughts will be greatly appreciated.