[oletrucks] Dave's Tow Job

To: oletrucks@autox.team.net, cafe_dave@hotmail.com
Subject: [oletrucks] Dave's Tow Job
From: Hudson29@aol.com
Date: Fri, 27 Aug 1999 12:03:17 EDT
    Dave Riffle is contemplating towing a 5th wheel trailer with his AD 3100.
You may find that your existing rig will work out fine. A healthy 350 Chev
can have a reasonable amount of poke, although you may only need to "breath"
on it a bit. Outside of possible problems with the light duty frame (and the
.5 and .75 tons are very different -- check the Salesman's Manual), brakes
may well prove to be your Achilles Heel. My modern Ford F-250 is strictly
marginal in braking when towing a 12,000 lb 5th wheel trailer. It was bad
enough that my father turned the Ford over to me and bought a Frieghtliner.
Now he can stop!

Paul O'Neil, Hudson29@aol.com
1951 Chevrolet 3600 Pickup Project, See it at:
The Poor Man's Advanced Design Tech Tips Page
http://home.earthlink.net/~conntest47/
Fullerton, California USA
AEROMARK - Need Rubber Stamps or Signs? See:
http://hometown.aol.com/hudson29/myhomepage/index.html