Re: [oletrucks] 55 2nd Values/Prices

To: RGRAVIT@aol.com, oletrucks@autox.team.net, shop-talk@autox.team.net
Subject: Re: [oletrucks] 55 2nd Values/Prices
From: Passnb4U@aol.com
Date: Fri, 27 Aug 1999 11:21:25 EDT
In a message dated 8/26/99 9:40:14 PM Pacific Daylight Time, RGRAVIT@aol.com
writes:

<< Hi everyone.  I've been lurking on the list for about 2 months in
 anticipation of purchasing a 55 2nd, 1/2 ton stepside from a neighbor.  I
 finally purchased the truck yesterday.  It's been in inside storage for over
 10 years.  It's in almost complete stock condition with a V8 and three speed
 on the column.  No dents, medium paint, standard cab, bed wood need
 replacing.  I paid $1800 for it and I know it's a little late to ask but do
 you guys have an idea of it's value >>

  I think you did good, pricing on unrestored vehicles is kinda hit and miss,
IMO, I feel if you can find one in original condition, unmolested, and
mechanically sound, you're in great shape to start.
  As far as it's current value, what I can tell you is I've never seen a
complete truck running or not, with a decent body, for less than $2500, and
usually in my paper (SJ Mercury News) prices range from 2500- on up, only
projects and parts trucks seem to bring less money.

  Enjoy yourself.

  Mike