Re: [oletrucks] 50 CHEVY

To: TORODRVR@aol.com
Subject: Re: [oletrucks] 50 CHEVY
From: jelerath@us.ibm.com
Date: Mon, 30 Aug 1999 10:01:31 -0600

I have a '53 with a small block in it, but the steering box is in its original
position.  The trick was in using RAMS horn exhaust manifolds.  The flange on
the one on the drivers' side was cut and the pipe rewelded with an extension
down (towards the road) about 8 inches for clearance.  I have 1/4" clearance
between the steering box and the exhaust and about 1/8" clearance between the
stock fuel pump and the frame.  The box is tucked under the exhaust manifold as
it arches up and over between ports on cyls 5 and 7. The small clearance for the
fuel pump means it periodically hits the frame as the engine rocks (high accel
or decel).  If you use an electric pump this problem goes away (although others
are created).

Jon Elerath
jelerath@us.ibm.com

TORODRVR@aol.com on 08/27/99 08:08:04 AM