Re: [oletrucks] 50 3100 wheels

To: oletrucks@autox.team.net
Subject: Re: [oletrucks] 50 3100 wheels
From: TORODRVR@aol.com
Date: Thu, 2 Sep 1999 17:16:57 EDT
In a message dated 09/02/1999 12:15:43 PM Mountain Daylight Time,
MLayton324@aol.com writes:

<< the suspension is completely stock   considering 15x8 on rear with 275/60
and
 15x7 on front with a smaller 70 series tire   i am looking for good height
so
 not kill the already low gear ratio and also to try to get as much tire
 underneath the rear
 as i can without clearance problems     do any of you have any guidance or
 recommendations? >>

I'd suggest going with a larger diameter tire than a 275/60. I'm running
255/70's on the rear of my 48, and they fill the wheelwells beautifully. I
have no need for a larger diameter tire due to my OD trans, but 265/75R15's
do exist and could probably work if you are careful with wheel backspacing.
Or, how about 16's? And I don't mean 40, 50, or 60 series tires, either.