Re: [oletrucks] bumpers and grille

To: MLayton324@aol.com
Subject: Re: [oletrucks] bumpers and grille
From: "Joe Clark" <jclark1@utk.edu>
Date: Tue, 7 Sep 1999 11:34:49 -0400
I'm needing to buy a grill myself.  If you have one in fair shape, it
can be rechromed.  I was told $400-450 for a triple plate job on the
5 bars.  You can buy complete replacement grills from Chevy Duty,
etc. for about the same price I think.  I don't know how good the
quality is, though, and the back splash is painted black, whereas
on most models, they were originally white.  I think Heavy Chevy
sells the chrome bars separately for about $350 I think.  I'm
thinking I may go that route and use my old backsplash etc.  Has
anybody had any experience with any of the above?  Triple plating
is best; the cheaper chrome usually doesn't have the copper base
and will eventually rust I'm told.  Hope this helps.
Joe

Joe Clark
'50 3100 Deluxe
Knoxville, Tennessee