[oletrucks] AD suspension mods

To: <oletrucks@autox.team.net>
Subject: [oletrucks] AD suspension mods
From: Perry Smith <perigrinefalcon@netscape.net>
Date: 10 Sep 99 18:40:09 PDT
Hi All,
Went to the bone yard and did some measurements, the frame is 29 1/8" wide at
the crossmember and the frame rails measure from about 5 1/4" to about 6 ",
depending on model Chev, GMC, 1/2 or 3/4 ton etc, this is a massive structure,
it includes the crossmember, motormount perches, and upper A-arm mounts, lower
A-arms mount to the crossmember. The frame is arched upwards at the
crossmember. the wheel track measured from the wheel mount lands on the rotor
hubs is about 64". I hope this is of some help for you guys. As for me the
whole assy. is not wide enough for my 58 GMC which has a frame width of about
34 1/4".
good luck to all.

Perry

58 GMC Fleetside (fleet truck)