Re: [oletrucks] Last on Ebay

To: "_Oletrucks" <oletrucks@autox.team.net>, <ckish@ameritech.net>
Subject: Re: [oletrucks] Last on Ebay
From: "Rob & Margie J." <rjjmsj@earthlink.net>
Date: Sat, 11 Sep 1999 13:46:19 -0700
No Charlie, you aren't the only one.  And yes, you are right about the
attempt to keep the list more focused and try to meet the desires of ALL.
This is a case where there are alternatives that could give everyone what
they want.  Those who DON'T want eBay, wouldn't get it if these items
weren't posted. Those who DO want eBay, can always go get it themselves.  So
basically, with a bit of effort, no one needs to miss out on anything.  I
know what the intentions of the list are and have always been, cause I
started the list, and know that that was always the intention.  Yes, we used
to try to keep vendors at bay, and that is exactly what eBay posts does...it
allows vendors access to the list in absentia.  But what really bugs me as
much as the eBay spam, is attitudes like the one someone previously posted
below.  I don't care how you try to interpret it, but to me what I see is:
"I'm too lazy to do this myself, so please do it for me, and while you are
at it, see if you can bother others in the process"

I'm sorry but THAT post really got me hot.  Lazy, self-indulgent, selfish
jerks they be in my book.

Rob