Re: [oletrucks] Change can be good!

To: "_Oletrucks" <oletrucks@autox.team.net>
Subject: Re: [oletrucks] Change can be good!
From: "Rob & Margie J." <rjjmsj@earthlink.net>
Date: Sat, 11 Sep 1999 23:32:04 -0700
I hadn't heard anything from Miq about my thoughts, so decided to just do it
anyway.  I still plan to go ahead with my list.  As far as "rife with ads",
"ONELIST" adds a three line ad at the end of the email (see a typical
ONELIST post below between the two lines of pluses(+++++).  Who ever reads
that far anyway?  However, once you have received one or two, you don't even
notice.  And if that is the price you pay for this free service, then "oh
well".  I also think having a moderated list is a good idea.  Yeah, I intend
to do a better job of trying to "encourage" people to stay with the program,
and if a particular member chooses to deviate often and significantly, then
they will be unsubscribed.  Foul language will get you booted.  Frequent
eBay posts will get you booted.  I make no bones about this.  I don't intend
to run this any different than I did when I started oletrucks, so you old
timers know what I mean.  As I have said, vendors and eBay ads will not be
allowed.  I DO have opinions, and don't especially mind sharing them when I
believe that they are positive and for the good of the group.  I am not a
power craving kinda guy.  When I set this list up I let the group pretty
much set the rules, and it was decided (by the members early on) that
vendors would be kept off and I have tried to ensure that this was followed,
but without any control, all I could do was voice my opinion.  And obviously
it is not gonna be to everyones liking.

But this list has just grown away from the way the list was when it was
young, and that is what I want to try to get back.  So, I will continue to
pursue the list I have set up.  So, join or not, your choice.

Rob

Here is what a typical "ONELIST" post looks like.

From: "The Knutsens" <dknutsen@gte.net>

Rob:

The timing chain on your 350 should be replaced if it has much over 3/8" to
1/2" slack.  The hole in the bottom of the pickup tube screen is for the
bypass, if the screen becomes plugged it will open and let some oil up to
the pump.   It is a small spring loaded flapper valve.  Not sure which year
350 went to the steel rocker arms.  The 455 switched in 72.   The cast arms
do have hardened steel inserts to ride on the valve stems, I have seen on
several occassions the inserts fall out, not good when this happens.  I
would swap over to the all steel arms.   Also when you reinstall the timing
chain and gear, you might think about a double roller and coat the gears and
chain in assembly lube or moly before assembly (making sure you can still
line up the timing marks of course).   Are you going to the Bremerton BOP
meet on Sept. 18, Saturday?  Dave K.

ONElist now has T-SHIRTS!
For details and to order, go to: