[oletrucks] communication is good

To: oletrucks@autox.team.net
Subject: [oletrucks] communication is good
From: varanus@mail.phoenix.net
Date: Mon, 13 Sep 1999 16:25:51 -0500
Hi gang:

I was trying not to clog the list with my opinions regarding ebay (or
my opinions period;) but, since I am a part of the list, and everyone
else has spoken up, I felt it was my duty to voice myself also.

But, I was not going to say anything as there are far more posts
concerning the ebay discussion than actual ebay ads and I didn't want
to add to the melee.

First, it's good for all of us to communicate - good for any
relationships/friendships. And that's what we are -- friends. In fact, I
had the extreme pleasure of meeting a few of you during my recent trip
through the US and I think we are all good people.  So, among friends,
or in any relationship, communication is a good thing.

Regarding ebay, I myself didn't mind the posts.  They were easy to
ignore - they weren't hidden posts made to look like something elsem
like the newsgroups. I could have put a filter on too but didn't feel like
learning it - I don't get that much junk mail.

Apart from the fact that I seem to have this "living beyond my means"
kind of lifestyle, I kind of like the ebay posts.  I also don't have the
time to go searching through ebay and, really, it is dangerous for me
to do so as I can't say no to something I simply must have. Ebay is a
dangerous place for me to go wandering through - I do want to keep
my marriage for the duration!  But I have to say, ebay turns up some
stuff I have been looking for for years and it is a hell of a lot cheaper
then calling every listing in Hemmings not to mention faster. Plus, I
have found some outstanding deals on ebay where the owner
apparently didn't know the going price for the item -- and I like that.

So, I guess that I I feel that ebay posts are fine as long as they are
kept to old truck stuff.  And that they are identifiable as an ebay post
and not some hidden advertisement in the guise of something else.

The list has grown and this is a natural evolution - increased
messages daily. I think I get at least 45 per day from the list (more if I
add the napco list) and, where I do hate to sort through them all and
delete and file, there's no other way - it's the nature of a global internet
list with as broad a topic as chevy trucks 41-59.  And I don't think we
should segregate the list - it's not that hard to pick the ones that are
interesting to me and ignore the rest.

So friends, let's just keep the list going and stay on topic  -  chevy
trucks ;)~
Eric Pesci