[oletrucks] Fan speed and less roar

To: oletrucks@autox.team.net
Subject: [oletrucks] Fan speed and less roar
From: John Maertens <mcdac@rconnect.com>
Date: Wed, 15 Sep 1999 09:04:09 -0500
    Well it took me all  summer to get a round tuit but I did replace my
modified water pump and smaller pulley with the set from Patricks. This
is on a 1961 235, by the way.  I would never have known about this
option or Patricks for that matter, if it weren't for the folks on this
list. Thanks to all you who share valuable information.
    The ole '51 fairly purrs down the road at 55-60 mph.  Well no it's
not quiet by today's (or my wife's) standards but I can here the ole AM
radio.
    I was blissfully driving for years in ignorance and blaming the 4:11
rear end for all the noise. Well, there still is that, but I'm contented
to drive 60 or less. Anyway, when you guys started talking about fans
breaking and going through hood, radiators, etc. I knew that I had to do
something to slow the ole fan down.  It was also my hope that some of
the roaring noise from the engine would also disappear.  I did have to
"tweak" the fan blades a little to keep them from rubbing on the
harmonic balancer but Patrick's gave me that tip.  Bottom line, I'm
pleased with the outcome and the quality of Patrick's products and very
glad for the sharing that occurs on this list.
    Now I'll go back to lurking.
John '51 1/2 Ton
Minnesota