[oletrucks] front clip price?

To: <oletrucks@autox.team.net>
Subject: [oletrucks] front clip price?
From: Perry Smith <perigrinefalcon@netscape.net>
Date: 15 Sep 99 18:39:02 PDT
Hi all

 I have just recently located a front clip(hood,fenders,innerfinders,
radiator,deluxe grill and bumper) for my 58 GMC 100. The seller is asking $400
for the lot. There is rust in the lower corners of the fenders. Is he over
priced?
 also I have a Question about the compatability of alloys between the steel in
the original frame and the steel in a 77 camaro,nova front clip. I have been
told that there can be a problem between the flexibility of the frame and
rigidness of the clip causung stress failure of the assembly. I would like to
hear any of your experences, good and bad with this combo. I have had the
suggestion put to me that in order to eliminate any problems you can bolt the
assy together instead of welding. Any and all coments will be appreceiated.
 Thanks to all in advance
Perry Smith

58 GMC Fleetside (fleet truck)