[oletrucks] Manifold Overhaul

To: <oletrucks@autox.team.net>
Subject: [oletrucks] Manifold Overhaul
From: "Kevin Stewart" <stewartk@MBnet.MB.CA>
Date: Fri, 24 Sep 1999 16:56:02 -0500
I have just had my 235 engine rebuilt for a 1952 Chevy 1/2 ton.  Now the
manifold needs some work.  The machine shop will let me use their glass bead
blaster to clean up the manifold.
1. How should I refinish the manifold after this?

The holes for the heat riser pivot are worn and require bushings.
2.  What is involved in putting these bushings in?  That is can I do it
myself?

The machine shop has painted the engine, but not the bell housing, or oil
filler tube.  Should these be the colour of the engine or painted black?

Kevin