[oletrucks] Wiring

To: "Truck List (E-mail)" <oletrucks@autox.team.net>
Subject: [oletrucks] Wiring
From: Terry Stellman <STELLMAN@noex.com>
Date: Mon, 18 Oct 1999 13:09:09 -0500
I purchased a Painless Wiring Kit and I am having a couple of problems.  I
tried calling their tech support line but I don't think anyone at that end
is aware that they make wiring harnesses or what they connect to (grumble,
grumble).  My kit is not pre-terminated for a GM steering column, which I
have.  The ignition plugs on my column have two red power wires (10 or 12 ga
wire) and my kit has two red power wires.  The instructions only indicate
that you should connect one of the red wires and the tech help says to 'just
tie the two together and connect them'.  I asked, "after I tie them together
which wire on the column do I connect them to"?  Answer, "it doesn't
matter"!  Well to me it does matter.  I don't think GM put two wires on the
column if it didn't matter which one got connected.

If anyone has a Painless Wiring Kit that is pre-terminated for a GM column
could they please tell me how the wires attach to the column or if anyone
knows what the 7 ignition wires at the column are for could they drop me a
line.  Thanks in advance.

Terry Stellman
1949 3600 (almost back together after 4 years)
Missouri City, Texas