[oletrucks] How low can I go?

To: oletrucks@autox.team.net
Subject: [oletrucks] How low can I go?
From: VIKINGHILL@aol.com
Date: Wed, 20 Oct 1999 16:25:09 EDT
I love my truck, but wold like to lower the front a bit, I am about to
replace the front shackles and would like some tips on getting the best ride
possible out of the original springs.  The truck is a 1947-2 3100, it is all
original (crazy shocks and all).  I just want to know how many of the leaf
springs I can remove and which ones are the best to remove?
Also, are the springs on a '54 GMC 1/2 ton the same as my '47-2? I have a guy
who will give me his whole old front end ( went with a Ruststang II).  He
said kingpins and all were good .

Thanks in ADvance!
Casey M.