[oletrucks] From manual to automatic

To: oletrucks@autox.team.net
Subject: [oletrucks] From manual to automatic
From: Banjomike@aol.com
Date: Wed, 20 Oct 1999 18:43:13 EDT
Hello everybody--

I've been driving around for the past year or so with the original
transmission and a rearend from a Nova, which has been OK.  I have a 350
transmission sitting in the garage along with the flywheel and that donut
thing that weighs too much.  I also have the support piece for holding up the
back end of the trany.  I want to install this transmission without too much
pain and effort ( I know, fat chance).

First of all, (for those of you who have done it) how did you keep the engine
in line after taking off the bell housing?  When putting the transmission in,
did you use a transmission jack or did you gather your friends and neighbors
to help with the lifting.  What problems do I need to look out for?  Do I
need an A/T cooler? Any other helpful tips will be appreciated.

Thanks

Mike Gleeson
'55 Chevy 2nd series
'55 Chevy Bus