Re: [oletrucks] More sandblaster questions.

To: "Mark Self" <markself@discover.net>,
Subject: Re: [oletrucks] More sandblaster questions.
From: "BelAir Bob" <rogerz@planetwide.com>
Date: Tue, 2 Nov 1999 08:00:10 -0600
Mark,

I don't have any experience with the "Barrel Blaster" but I used various
blast cabinets for the past 15 years and here is what I would recommend
looking at.

1.  How much blast media is in the hopper?  Too much will cause poor
pickup.
2.  Is the pickup tube clear and unobstructed?
3.  Does the pickup tube extend al the way to the bottom of the hopper?
4.  Is your air supply clean and dry?
5.  Is your blast media dry?
6.  How much air pressure do you have?  I find that 80 to 90psi woks best.
7.  Make sure the tip of your blast gun is sized right for your compressor.
8.  Try a different test piece.  Some items strip much easier and faster
than others.

These are the problems that come to mind right at the moment.  Check these
and if it doesn't work better I'll try again.

As a reference, I use # 3 blast sand at 80 to 90 psi and it will strip
anything, eventually.

Robert
82  1/2 ton Crew Cab short bed (custom)
57 Belair Sport Coupe restored to factory specs.
55 - 2  3100, 3105 & 6400
and a few others

----------
> From: Mark Self <markself@discover.net>
> To: Oletrucks list <oletrucks@autox.team.net>
> Subject: [oletrucks] More sandblaster questions.
> Date: November 01, 1999 10:47 PM
>
> Question:
>     I recently bought the "Barrelblaster" from Buchanan Industries.  I've
> tried sand, Starblast (By DuPont), and glass beads.  This thing seems to
> work so slow as to be near worthless. Are all syphon blast boxes this
slow?
> I talked to the company and they are willing to replace the gun (I
inspected
> mine as they instructed and can't find anything wrong with it).  They are
> very nice, but I need to know from people who have used blasters?
>     I have a 6.5 hp 9 cfm compressor with a 60 gal. tank.  This is what I
> saw the differnet companies were asking for to run their blast cabinets.
Is