Re: [oletrucks] More sandblaster questions.

To: markself@discover.net, oletrucks@autox.team.net
Subject: Re: [oletrucks] More sandblaster questions.
From: Passnb4U@aol.com
Date: Tue, 2 Nov 1999 11:03:21 EST
In a message dated 11/1/99 8:57:42 PM Pacific Standard Time,
markself@discover.net writes:

> Question:
>      I recently bought the "Barrelblaster" from Buchanan Industries.  I've
>  tried sand, Starblast (By DuPont), and glass beads.  This thing seems to
>  work so slow as to be near worthless. Are all syphon blast boxes this slow?
>  I talked to the company and they are willing to replace the gun (I
inspected
>  mine as they instructed and can't find anything wrong with it).  They are
>  very nice, but I need to know from people who have used blasters?
>      I have a 6.5 hp 9 cfm compressor with a 60 gal. tank.  This is what I
>  saw the differnet companies were asking for to run their blast cabinets.
Is
>  there something wrong with mine or what?  This sucker won't even take the
>  print off a soda can.
>
>  Mark Self
>  Redlands, CA
>  '55 1st 5-window 3100
>  "Sentimental Journey"

  Is this an oiless compressor?  If so (and even if it's not, but from the
specs of it it seems like and oiless) you may be getting too much moisture in
the air line, this will immediately clog up the incoming sand and blow mostly
air only.

  My Sears 5hp oiless has about the same rating, and the only way I could get
it to work decently was to run 50 foot of copper tubing (coiled up) off the
tank output, then to a water trap (cheapo one) then to my regulator, then my
work hose.

  Good luck,

  Mike