Re: [oletrucks] wheel and tire change

To: "Grant Galbraith" <trks@javanet.com>, "Ronald Tofani" <rontof@hotmail.com>
Subject: Re: [oletrucks] wheel and tire change
From: "G. Simmons" <gls@4link.net>
Date: Fri, 5 Nov 1999 08:35:17 -0800
Hi Grant:

You mean the same outside tire diameter?  That surprises me.  Radials are
usually lower in profile for a given wheel size than bias plys, aren't they?
So how can 15 in. radials have the same outside diameter as 16 in. bias
plys?

I have a fairly fresh set of 6.50 x 16s on my 54.  I think they handle ok,
but things could always be better, so I'm very interested in what you're
saying.

I also like the look of the tall skinny original wheels/tires, and would
like to preserve that.  I've been reluctant to consider radials because I
thought it would change the original appearance too much, but maybe if the
outside diameter were the same...

How wide are your 15 in. wheels?

Grant S.