[oletrucks] Spare tire

To: Oletrucks Digest <oletrucks-digest@autox.team.net>
Subject: [oletrucks] Spare tire
From: Edward Miller <edngael@open.org>
Date: Fri, 05 Nov 1999 17:37:18 -0800
I measured the distance between my rear end and my rear bumper, and
didn't have room for a (if I remember right) 33 inch diameter tire under
there.  Are the spare tires supposed to be angled somehow?  How tall are
the original 16 and 17 1/2 inch tires that were at least options in '58,
and would they fit under the bed?  My '58 is a short Fleetside.

Ed Miller
'58 (as I said) short Fleetside Apache

From: "Hanlon, Bill" <Bill.Hanlon@COMPAQ.com>
Subject: RE: [oletrucks] Spare tire

On the 55.2-57 the standard spare tire location was
under the rear of the bed.  The side mount spare
(including the cut-out driver's side rear fender)
was an extra cost option.  I'd guess that this was
the same for 58-9, but I'm not sure.