Re: [oletrucks] AD dealer option deluxe radio?(was Help ID a mystery rad

To: <CLLLSLS@aol.com>, <oletrucks@autox.team.net>
Subject: Re: [oletrucks] AD dealer option deluxe radio?(was Help ID a mystery radio!)
From: "Jack Halton" <safesix@earthlink.net>
Date: Tue, 9 Nov 1999 07:07:52 -0500
There was only one factory radio (dealer-installed as Mr Adler points out)
but, possibly the ones you guys have came from a Packard car. Forties
Packards used a similar radio with the speaker below the radio chassis and
the shaft spacing was probably the same. The Packard dash was very much in
the "Art-Deco" style so that would explain the chrome reveal molding.

A lot of these dealers sold many makes of cars and trucks, so if a customer
wanted a radio in their truck, they probably used whatever would help make a
sale.

If you could scan a picture of the radio, I know a guy who rebuilds vintage
car radios. He can probably help identify it.

Jack / Winter Park FL