[oletrucks] oil level

To: oletrucks@autox.team.net
Subject: [oletrucks] oil level
From: Allen Coblentz <wac8019@erinet.com>
Date: Wed, 10 Nov 1999 18:29:26 -0500
on my '52 chevy truck, my oil level always marks "overfull" on the
dipstick.  I have an old canister type oil filter mounted with the
"muffler type" mounting bolts onto the manifold, and it sits higher than
the oil pan (obviously!).  Would the oil draining back down from the
canister make the dipstick seem overfull?  I'm assuming the dipstick was
made for an engine without the canister filter (wasn't an oil filter an
option?)  Anybody know if my guess is correct on this?

(my motor in my '52 is a 235 out of a '55car)

Thanks,   Allen