[oletrucks] Cylinder pressure

To: "oletrucks" <oletrucks@autox.team.net>
Subject: [oletrucks] Cylinder pressure
From: "Claude Ramey" <cramey@n-link.com>
Date: Wed, 10 Nov 1999 18:56:12 -0600
Hi all, this may not be oletruck related but could apply. I also have a '85
Chevy 1/2 ton with a 305 140,000 miles. It runs "ok...but just ok" ,I was
putting plugs in and thought I'd rebuild the carb and while I was at i
thought i'd give it a cylinder pressure test. Can someone look at these
readings and see what it means. It seems really high to me (carbon build up
then too much oil squirted in maybe?)
The plugs look about as normal as could be expected. No burnt oil crud,
mostly a brownish look with a little white right at the tips. All are the
same.
I did the test dry then with 2 squirts of oil

1 175/220    2 185/205
3 200/230    4 185/190
5 200/220    6 210/210
7 200/240    8 210/230