RE: [oletrucks] Brush guard for 1950 5 window

To: "'Norm'" <dahorse@jvlnet.com>
Subject: RE: [oletrucks] Brush guard for 1950 5 window
From: "Nelson, Jeff - DTC" <jnelson@paducah.k12.ky.us>
Date: Tue, 16 Nov 1999 07:44:48 -0600
Norm,

Mike probably won't appreciate my comment. but...

Although not as rare as hen's teeth, brush guards (actually, I believe they
were all called "grill guards") as shown in your picture are relatively hard
to come by. As Doug P. pointed out in an earlier post, when you do find
them, they are not cheap. I have seen three at swap meets or through private
vendors and, depending on condition, they were priced between $200 - $500.

If it was me, I'd plan on putting the grill guard on a truck with the fender
chrome strips your landlord also has and then accessorize the h*ll out of
the truck. Good luck.

Jeff Nelson
1953 3600
Paducah, KY