Re: [oletrucks] Old vehicles near Wisconsin Dells (was Re: New member in

To: "W.S. Higgins" <HIGGINS@rdiv.fnal.gov>, <oletrucks@autox.team.net>
Subject: Re: [oletrucks] Old vehicles near Wisconsin Dells (was Re: New member intro,)
From: "Norm" <dahorse@jvlnet.com>
Date: Tue, 16 Nov 1999 11:38:34 -0600
Bill Higgens wrote
> Wisconsin Dells must be a haven for old vehicles and the people who
> love them.  Your neighbor Tommy Bartlett not only gives DUKW rides to
> visitors, he's also got a vintage Russian space station up on blocks
> on the lawn!

yepp Bill...not alot of places ya will find a space station on blocks
eh?..:-)  And the DUKW rides are a blast....(more fun ta drive though)
Actually bartlett doesn't own the Ducks but hey...I was just thinking to
myself last night.......this particular area is kinda rich in old Chevy
pickups....I know of a yard "Vans auto salvage" not far from me that must
have a 100 of these old trucks! Panels, pickups, big trucks, the works!

And up the road a few miles from me is a yard that has been here since the
early 20's....he also has (or did have) a lot of old Chevys! When spring
comes I will have to see whats available I guess! Maybe thats why I never
paid so much attention to my landlords stuff....see it all the time around
here...In fact I still see AD stuff laying in cow pastures on some of the
old back roads! Wish it all wasn't so rusty :-(

Norm