RE: [oletrucks] Re: Tires and wheels

To: oletrucks@autox.team.net
Subject: RE: [oletrucks] Re: Tires and wheels
From: "Laney, Clifton" <clifton.laney@intel.com>
Date: Tue, 16 Nov 1999 16:31:46 -0800
Mike,

I transferred the hub cap retainer clips from my stock 15" split rims to a
set of 16" F*RD rims and mounted the stock Chev half moon hub caps to them.
It took a little bit of word (read pain in the butt) but now that it's done
it looks great.  You'll need to shim the clips off the lower dished portion
of the wheel a little so that the hub clips firmly engage the hub caps so
you don't loose them.

- Cliff
'49 3600

PS: Like Smokey I had to use spacers on the front wheels to keep them from
hitting the tie rod ends.