Re: [oletrucks] ballast resistor

To: "Don Slaney" <ppm@dlcwest.com>, <oletrucks@autox.team.net>
Subject: Re: [oletrucks] ballast resistor
From: Bill Bailey <billb@gamewood.net>
Date: Thu, 18 Nov 1999 19:59:26 -0500
I think he meant resistor. Diodes are not rated in ohms, any diode with 50
ohms of resistance would be considered defective. You are correct, diodes
are devices which pass current in one direction only when biased with the
anode more posiive in respect to the cathode

At 06:22 PM 11/18/1999 -0600, Don Slaney wrote:
>With my very limited knowledge of electronics, I knew resistors were
>measured in ohms
>but diodes were designed to only allow voltage to pass through one way
>ac/dc?
>can anyone clarify this for me? thanks,,,,,,don.

Bill Bailey
http://members.tripod.com/~oltruck