Re: [oletrucks] Leaking gas tank fix

To: oletrucks@autox.team.net
Subject: Re: [oletrucks] Leaking gas tank fix
From: Don Kasbohm <milw8170@dmci.net>
Date: Fri, 19 Nov 1999 15:07:03 -0500
Being a former Merchan Marine Engineer, I can verify that a similar methed
is used on tankers to purge empty cargo holds of explosive vapors. The ship
is equipped with an Inert Gas generator or IG unit, which is essentially
nothing more than a large fuel oil furnace that dumps its exhaust into the
cargo hold. Te IG machine is activated shorlty after the offloading process
begins, so that the vapors are dispersed as the cargo is offloaded,
lessening the risk of explosion. I see no reason why an automotive gas tank
could not be safely soldered on using this method.

Don Kasbohm
'59 GMC 100 V8