Re: [oletrucks] plywood bed

To: oletrucks@autox.team.net
Subject: Re: [oletrucks] plywood bed
From: Bob Fischer <bfischer@utm.net>
Date: Mon, 22 Nov 1999 16:31:08 -0800
Hi Norm,
I have a possible alternative, I'm sure there are many others also. When I
was building my teardrop trailer I used 5 sheets of 1/4" marine plywood to
make two 4X10' sheets of 1/2" plywood to cut the side pieces from.
The 5th sheet is cut into 4 - 2ft lengths. Two sheets are laid on top of
each other staggered by 2ft and then a 2ft section is added to each side.
(Used Elmers waterproof glue)
I suspect you could make a sheet to the specs you require by staggering in
both directions. You could use several different combos of plywood
thickness, depending on the final thickness desired.
If you trial fit the pieces the joints are nearly invisible. I my case of
course it was covered with aluminum so it wasn't a critical consideration.
I'm sure some of the other members will come up with other possibilities.

>In my 57 1 ton panel the bed is plywood. The problem is that it is 10
>foot 2 inches long and 68+ inches wide! The question is has anyone out
>there found a replacement piece of ply for this. I may have found it at
>the nearest marine plywood store, a couple of hours away. But I am
>looking for alternatives?

"Nothin lasts forever except old Fords and a natural stone" - Willie Nelson

http://home.utm.net/bfischer          e-mail - bfischer@utm.net

robert.fischer@cdc.com