Re: [oletrucks] Aftermarket electric wipers

To: "oletrucks list" <oletrucks@autox.team.net>
Subject: Re: [oletrucks] Aftermarket electric wipers
From: "Jamie Stark" <jstark@chat.carleton.ca>
Date: Wed, 24 Nov 1999 16:05:44 -0800
Jim wrote:

> Hey, I have an aftermarket electric wiper motor...it's just not in my
> trucks!
>
> I have a NewPort engineeering motor in my 55 Chevy car.  It works pretty
> well.  The switch is not like original, since it is electric instead of
> mechanical, and the knob they provide is cheezy modern plastic looking.
> I did make an original 55 car knob fit...I think it was not a wiper
> knob, though

When I bought my '56, it had aftermarket electric wipers, which were wired
to a cheap toggle switch under the dash.  The original vacuum motor switch
was still on the dash.  I removed the old switch, and took the knob off the
vacuum switch, which was attached with a set screw.  I then installed a
rotary switch in the wiper switch location on the dash and attached the knob
onto the switch using the set screw.  This gives me an electric switch, that
looks original...

jamie
'56 half ton