Re: [oletrucks] Heater

To: oletrucks@autox.team.net
Subject: Re: [oletrucks] Heater
From: B&A Kettunen <bekett@uslink.net>
Date: Sat, 27 Nov 1999 01:51:20 -0600 (CST)
>Ok guys and gals, here's another one for the list experts.
>
>The previous owner dropped in a V8...and din't quite finish the job.
>
>Sooooo, here's the question for all you....which is in and out on the
>heater core?
>
>He's got the water pump and other heater hose blocked off....soooo I want
>ta fix it.  Would you
>put in a new heater core...just ta be safe...of hook it all up and try it
>out?  I just don't want
>ta fill the cab with antifreeze!
>
>Thanks for any ideas!
>
>John Schulz
>59 3100
>
>>From owner-mnrail-outgoing@lists.visi.com  Fri Nov 26 15:16:17 1999

Don't know if this helps any, but the water pump pumps water into the
engine.  The heater line going to the radiator or water pump is the return
line.  The line coming from the thermostat area is the hot water line for
the heater.

There should be two different hose size nipples on each end (5/8 in and 3/4
in).  I'll check on my parts truck which is which tomorrow in daylight.
Barring this, it shouldn't make much difference which way the core is
hooked up.

I would take the core out and have it leak tested.  These cores (and the
radiators) on TF trucks were set up for only around 7 PSI.  Do not exceed
this and especiallydo not put a modern 15 PSI cap on the radiator!

Bruce Kettunen
'57 3100